PDA

View Full Version : Talko - on-line again

Hasse
03-01-10, 22:53
Hi all,

After several weekends of reinstallments and uploading of gedcom collections Talko is on-line again. Not every collection is there but I will upload them asap. Many of the collections are archived on cds or dvds, thus finding everything is also a challenge.

If you have the possibilities to send me new versions then now is the good time to do it as I in any case have to upload everything once more. The gedcom can be sent to my email address hasse.nygard[at]e-brev.nu - and as you remember I like to get it as gedcom 5.5/ANSI -coded (the selection is often "Windows" if there is no ANSI choice).

The Talko genealogy database can be fund through the SFHS web site (http://finlander.genealogia.fi/sfhswiki/index.php/The_Talko_Project) -page. The visual of the database interface is still quite barebone, but I shall try to change that after getting the material uploaded.

Because of the update I have reset all the passwords, thus you will get your new passwords on request (hasse.nygard[at]e-brev.nu). At the same time I will get the current email address of you all.

Hasse

June Pelo
04-01-10, 18:09
Thanks, Hasse. I know we will all look forward to checking Talko again. And I have updated my database, so I'll be sending a new GedCom.

Alf Blomqvist
04-01-10, 18:23
Hej och tack Hasse!

Skall göra en ny gedcomfil åt dig för Talko! - Är sänd nu

Ha det så bra !

:p

rachelsearls
09-01-10, 21:01
I dont know how to put my information into gedcom format. I currently have my information in the Personal Ancestry File program, version 5.2. How do I do it so I can submit my gedcom?

Tapio Rautio
10-01-10, 11:00
Sorry to You all because i have marked my sources poorly.
I will focus on that in the future. The reason why i have
a lot of data from Talko, is my hobby to tie different families
together. Or simply when discussion in a forum is going on,
i usually mark the people down, just to keep myself on track.

I don´t have any loose families in my database, all have a
connection to the other somehow, somewhere.

Also, there is something wrong with my gedcom, if someone
wants to search it, put the last name in the first name box.

Best regards

Tapio

P.S.

The familydatas from various books, i usually can remember, so
ask me for the source, i´ll try to point the source out.

June Pelo
10-01-10, 17:19
I dont know how to put my information into gedcom format. I currently have my information in the Personal Ancestry File program, version 5.2. How do I do it so I can submit my gedcom?

Here's how to create a GedCom for various programs, including Personal Ancestry:
http://www.kindredkonnections.com/gedcom.html

bbj
25-02-10, 02:25
Will I need to fill out a new membership form? It's been a year or so since I worked on genealogy (due to illness). I have my old password, but assume from what you're saying I'll need a new one.
Thanks you!
Brenda

June Pelo
25-02-10, 02:58
Yes, we all got new passwords, so Hasse will probably be in touch with you.

K-G Molander
25-02-10, 21:01
Yes, we all got new passwords, so Hasse will probably be in touch with you.

My old password is still working:)

June Pelo
25-02-10, 21:37
K-G,

That's unusual for you to be able to use your old password. Did you submit a new GedCom? Hasse posted this in Jan 2010:

Because of the update I have reset all the passwords, thus you will get your new passwords on request (hasse.nygard[at]e-brev.nu). At the same time I will get the current email address of you all.

seele01
26-02-10, 18:57
I have two questions,

Besides uploading my own Gedcom file, do I have to be a SFHS member to access the Talko database?

Also, this may be rude of me to ask, but are there any number of people from Porvoo, Finland listed in the database? I know it is selfish, but I don't really want to go through the trouble of converting the notebooks of my Finnish genealogical research in Porvoo to the Gedcom format without knowing that I might find a connection or two through the Talko database...

Thanks,

Rob

Hasse
26-02-10, 20:23
I have two questions,

Besides uploading my own Gedcom file, do I have to be a SFHS member to access the Talko database?

Also, this may be rude of me to ask, but are there any number of people from Porvoo, Finland listed in the database? I know it is selfish, but I don't really want to go through the trouble of converting the notebooks of my Finnish genealogical research in Porvoo to the Gedcom format without knowing that I might find a connection or two through the Talko database...

Thanks,

Rob

no prereq to be SFHS member
2688 born Borgå
1621 born Porvoo
1063 died Porvoo
1159 died Borgå
(rough searches)

Hasse
26-02-10, 20:24
K-G,

That's unusual for you to be able to use your old password. Did you submit a new GedCom? Hasse posted this in Jan 2010:

A few old passwords were converted, but most users got new ones. This was a pure timesaving thing - nothing else.

seele01
26-02-10, 21:42
Thanks Hasse, I appreciate it! It definately sounds worthwile to start a Gedcom file to give you. Please forgive me if I sounded rude earlier.

Thanks again!

Rob

Hasse
27-02-10, 10:46
Will I need to fill out a new membership form? It's been a year or so since I worked on genealogy (due to illness). I have my old password, but assume from what you're saying I'll need a new one.
Thanks you!
Brenda

If you had a password to the database but you're now without password to the Talko database - please drop me a line to the email address seen on the Talko project webpage (http://finlander.genealogia.fi/sfhswiki/index.php/The_Talko_Project). This way I will get your current email address in order also.

Hasse