PDA

View Full Version : siitma from Finland

siitma
09-01-10, 10:05
Dear friends
First a little about me. I`m Marjatta Siitari, a retired teacher, a mother to 2 children, a grandmother, living in Finland near Mikkeli. My research on the family Siitari continues for ever. In old times Siitaris were living around Kangasniemi and Mikkeli. About 20 of them emigrated to America (their surnames in USA Siitari/Siiteri/Siiter/Sidar/Siider). I would like to find all them and get contact with all their descendants.
I still have some questions. Wanted:
1. Johannes/Jussi Siitari b. June 21.1885 Rauhaj 3,
-He emigrated; Arrival Date: 9 Dec 1905
-He married in USA Ida/ Eda ?
-World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, Marquette, Michigan
wife Eda, Mountain, Marquette, Michigan.
Children?
Not contacts with relatives in Finland.

2. Who was John Siitari b. Nowember 5, 1883.
-Only World War I Draft Registration Cards 1917-18.
It tells that his wife called Maria

Am very interested in all information. Questions are welcome, too.
Thanks
Marjatta S

bfloyd
07-07-15, 16:45
Hello Marjatta, I am a great grandmother living in Thunder Bay (originally Port Arthur) Ontario, Canada. I am also researching Siitaris but from Mikkeli. My grandfather Antti Siitari, grandmother Ida and mother Annikki emigrated to Canada. Antti in 1926 and Ida and Annikki a couple of years later. He had several brothers some died in Finland and some emigrated to Canada and the United States. Hiski, Charlie, Eino, Matti, Veikko and Ville. One brother Otto remained in Finland. I am trying to find any information that I can about them. Have you had any luck with your search?
Betty F

BessemerFinn
07-07-15, 18:18
John Siiteri and Ida Makela married 20.1.1915, Marquette, MI; John's parents are Tobias Siiteri and Lovisa Romo. Is this him?