PDA

View Full Version : Martha Kivi from Washington State

HelenaAMD
02-02-10, 22:38
I have found another relative - this is Frans Vuorinen's sister. Born in the 1880's and from Isojoki. I'm hoping the name rings a bell with someone.

Helen

kivinen1
04-02-10, 20:53
Helen,

Your post has left out what you are looking for.

Any more detailed question there?

Are you interested in the USA side of things or the Finland side of things?

HelenaAMD
04-02-10, 21:47
Ilmari,

Please forgive the vagueness, but I'm hoping to find out anything I can about her. The only other thing my uncle told about me his aunt was that he couldn't find her grave site on a visit to Washington state back in the 1940's.

I'm looking for information on her parents, her husband, any children, when and where she came to the US. As a sibling to my grandfather, I'm hoping something in her story can lead me backwards to her and her brother's roots.

On the other hand, I'd be thrilled to find her descendants - who I'm obviously related to. I wish I could be more specific....my apologies.

Helen

Karen Norwillo
05-02-10, 20:16
Helena,
I searched every "Death Certificates of Finns in" all counties in WA available
and found no Martha Kivi. Only one Kivi on all those lists and it was an unmarried man. I also searched the entire 1880-1890 birth records for Isajoki on FFHA and no Martha or Martta. Do you have any idea when she died or where in WA she lived?
Are we talking about the same Frans Oskari Vuorinen from your other posts?
Karen

HelenaAMD
05-02-10, 21:20
Helena,
I searched every "Death Certificates of Finns in" all counties in WA available
and found no Martha Kivi. Only one Kivi on all those lists and it was an unmarried man. I also searched the entire 1880-1890 birth records for Isajoki on FFHA and no Martha or Martta. Do you have any idea when she died or where in WA she lived?
Are we talking about the same Frans Oskari Vuorinen from your other posts?
Karen

Yes - Martha would be Frans Vuorinen's sister and Kivi is her married name. It could also be a Saxberg - my great grand-father's last name - just to make it more confusing. Thank you very much for your hard work. I have a feeling I'm on a hunt for the perverbial needle in the haystack.

Kiitos udestaan, Helena

kivinen1
06-02-10, 06:36
Death Certificates of Finns - Grays Harbor County, Washington

KIVI, VICTOR -- Age 32, born 1893 in Finland. Died Feb. 21, 1925, Aberdeen General Hospital, Aberdeen, Wash. Cause of death: pulmonary tuberculosis (confined in hospital past two years). Single. Logger. Burial Feb. 24, 1925, Fern Hill Cemetery, Aberdeen, Wash.

KIVI, ALIINA -- Born September 6, 1887, Finland. Died Sept. 3, 1939, Hoquiam, Wash. Cause of death: cerebral hemorrhage. Wife of August H. Kivi. Father: Nykanen. Burial Sept. 5, 1939, Hoquiam, Wash.

KIVI, VICTOR A. -- Born June 6, 1889, Finland. Died Aug. 18, 1940, Aberdeen, Wash. Cause of death: cerebral hemorrhage. Husband of Hilda Sinervo. Deep sea fisherman. Father: Const. Kivi. Mother: Matilda. Informant: Carl Kivi, Aberdeen, Wash. Burial Aug. 22, 1940, Fern Hill Cemetery, Aberdeen, Wash.

Unfortunately, the years 1927 - 1930 are disabled and not available. And again, no Martha / Martta.

Karen Norwillo
06-02-10, 15:38
Yes, a couple of the sites had disabled years. Frustrating. I've usually had good luck with these sites if they died in WA. I even checked a few in OR.