PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Palosaari

Denise
12-02-10, 14:22
Looking for parents of Ronald Palosaari b. 9 Nov 1933, d. 22 Jul 2008 in Lake Linden, Houghton County, Michigan. He was in the Coast Guard for many years.

Thank-you,
Denise

Karen Norwillo
12-02-10, 17:06
Denise,
These are all the Palosaari couples in Houghton county in 1930.
Charles and Lizzie in Schoolcraft
Alex and Sanna in Chassel
Charles and Sophia in Calumet
Eli and Saimi in Hancock
Richard and Elena in Schoolcraft
John and Alena in Larium
and an Erick with large family, says married, but no wife listed.
Karen

Karen Norwillo
12-02-10, 18:04
Diane,
Found Ron's obit on-line.

Says..Ron Palosaari 74 of Lake Linden passed away on July 22,2008 after being transferred from the hospital to Omega House in Houghton to enjoy his last days in peace and serenity. He was born Nov 9, 1933 in Calumet, son of Arne and Verna Palosaari. He attended school in Calumet and later received his degree from Lake Linden-Hubbell School. He served in the US Navy for 22 years and was very proud of his service to his country. He was a member of the American Legion Post 90 in Lake Linden. He was married to Joyce Joyal and they were parted from her presence in 1999. He is survived by four children, Debbie, Laura, Jason and Nolan. Copper County Vets will conduct graveside military services in section 37 of Lakeview Cemetery in Calumet Friday at 2 pm. Pearce Funeral Home.

Denise
13-02-10, 22:21
Hi Karen,
Thank-you for the information. I was able to get a telephone number of Ronald's father's first cousin, and spoke to him in the U.P. just a few minutes ago. I didn't check Finlander Forum until just now. He told me that Ron's parents were Arne and Verna also, and that they were born in Michigan. Wonder why they aren't showing up in a census? I don't have ancestry.com anymore, but if you happen to run across them in a census let me know.
Thank-you for the time spent to help me. I appreciate it.
Cousin,
Denise

Denise
13-02-10, 22:38
Hi Karen,
Family search has them. Arne Palosaari was born in Mayflower, Houghton, Michigan 9 Dec 1907 married 10 Sep 1931 Laurium, Mi. to Verna Sylvia Saastamoinen born 10 Apr 1913 Copper City, Mi. died 12 Oct 1988 Laurium, Mi.
It appears Mayflower is actually an area called Wolverine in Houghton County.

http://www.milebymile.com/main/United_States/Michigan/byway/Copper_Harbor_Scenic_Highway.html
"Wolverine, Michigan
Altitude: 1142 feet
County Highway C8/Mayflower Road, Community of Wolverine, Michigan"

Odd, I never heard of Wolverine before in Houghton County.

Denise :)