PDA

View Full Version : Bayton Bro

June Pelo
16-02-10, 21:33
I have a request for help in locating Bayton Bro:

Bayton Bro born around 1905-1910, was studying engineering around 1930 i California. Father William and mother Hilda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bro, William. Born in Forsby, Nykarleby kby. Lived in Kalifornien 1934

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married in California, USA 1905-1910? to: Bäck, Hilda Sofia Henriksdr. Born 27 MAY 1880 in Bäck, Nykarleby kby, Died 1914 in CA USA (wba). To Amerika 1905 Died 11 DEC 1903.

Child Bro, Bayton. Studying engineering. Born in CA USA about 1905-10.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

budjohnson
04-03-10, 21:23
Hi June

I have found Hilda Sofia Bäck in the Ellis Island site, but not in the 1910 census.

Bud

June Pelo
04-03-10, 21:55
Thanks, Bud. I'll pass it on. I noticed that Hilda and Maria Wiik, the name above hers, were both going to E. Orange, NJ. And both were from Nykarleby. Sometime after 1905, she must have found her way to CA where she married William Bro. But no one has found any record of any of the family in CA.

June Pelo
10-04-10, 18:11
It's taken a while to get more info. from Finland, but he wrote that:

William Mattsson Bro married Hilda Sofia Bäck in the US. She arrived 1905 and died 1914. Their son Bayton was born 1910. William Bro probably used the name Mattsson/Mattson in the US, and Bayton probably used the same name. An old address for Hilda: 204 Bayswatch Ave., Burlingame, San Mateo, CA. An Edit Kärr Larson from Palo Alto remembered meeting Bayton at a Runeberg fest long ago - year not known. No one remembers him after that. If alive, he would be 100! He was in CA in 1930.

William Mattsson remarried to a woman from Sweden after 1914.

William Mattsson also had two brothers and a sister in the US: August and Axel and sister Matilda, married to Will Kronqvist from Munsala.

Not much info. but I told him I'd post it and see what happens..

budjohnson
14-04-10, 02:33
June

Well I finally found a couple of items that may match your Bayton. The SSDI record for a Bouton Matson born 6 April 1910 and died 21 October 1988 in Portland, Multnomah, Oregon. Social Security applied for in California. I also found a Buton Matson in the 1920 census living with his Aunt and Uncle in San Mateo California. Uncle is William Kronquist and Aunt is Matilda Kronquist. I tried to include the JPEG in this post but was too large.

Bud

June Pelo
14-04-10, 18:20
Bud,

I think you may have found the correct people and I'll forward it on to Finland. It's for Putte Back - I think you know him? Thanks.

June

June Pelo
14-04-10, 20:38
Bud,

Putte thanks you - the information was what he was looking for. Now he asks if there's a way to get a picture of the tombstone. Does anyone know? He sent this:

http://files.usgwarchives.net/or/statewide/cemeteries/willamette/martin-mattox.txt

WILLAMETTE NATIONAL CEMETERY, PORTLAND OREGON, July 2006
NAME LAST, FIRST, MIDDLE, SUFFIX BIRTH DEATH BRANCH ¶

MATSON BOUTON WILLIAM 04/06/1910 10/21/1988 US ARMY AIR FORCES SGT

Karen Norwillo
14-04-10, 23:15
June,
There are many volunteers on RAOGK for Oregon, Clackamas (?sp) who are willing to take tombstone photos. Just Google RAOGK OR and select any of the people in that county who say they will do photos. You'll get a request form to fill out digitally and then wait for a reply. I am a member of RAOGK and have had great luck with requests all over the US. I found the entry on Find-a-grave, but no tombstone photo there. Memorial #3912418. Might help the person locate the grave.
Karen

June Pelo
15-04-10, 01:32
Thanks, Karen. Will give it a try.

kivinen1
16-04-10, 07:17
June,

I'm reading quickly because I'm in the middle of getting my brother set up with assisted living.

I live close to Willamette National - less than 20 miles or so.

Send me an e-mail if you wish, I may miss this thread again.

budjohnson
21-04-10, 21:33
Putte asked me to post this link to the map of the cemetery where Bouton is buried.

http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/j2ee/servlet/NGLMap?ID=1601015

Bud

kivinen1
13-05-10, 22:40
Today the weather is beautiful, the bridge work was finished the other day and I was able to go photograph the stone.

I'll send June an e-mail.