PDA

View Full Version : Searching Hulkkonen-Killunen

Plain Ann
27-02-10, 15:41
I am searching for Canadian and American information on my grandparents.

My grandfather, Johan Matt's son Hulkkonen, was born November 28, 1970 in Jalasjarvi. According to Finnish church records he left Finland in 1890, and supposedly arrived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan via Canada. He shows up on church records as arriving in Hancock, MI in 1891.

I was told that he came to an uncle in the Copper Country. But, the trail on what he did and where he went between arriving in America from Finland, and his marriage showing up on church records in Sault Ste Marie, MI ends there.

My grandmother, Liisa Matt's daughter Killunen, was born September 22, 1874 in Lappajarvi. I don't know when she left Finland, but she arrived in America in Sault Ste. Marie in 1900 via Canada. And, shows on church records in Sault Ste. Marie, MI with her marriage to my grandfather.

I'd like to fill in the blanks...

One clue I have is the address for family of my grandmother in Canada. I wrote to that address, but got no response. And, I have a picture of my grandfather with a man, who the current family can't identify. I am just becoming familiar with The Findlander forum, and if I can figure out how to insert the photo, I will post it in the future.

I also have the Finnish church records for both families back to the 1600s, and would like to find links to extended families.

Kaarina
04-03-10, 09:09
I am searching for Canadian and American information on my grandparents.

My grandfather, Johan Matt's son Hulkkonen, was born November 28, 1970 in Jalasjarvi. According to Finnish church records he left Finland in 1890, and supposedly arrived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan via Canada. He shows up on church records as arriving in Hancock, MI in 1891.

I was told that he came to an uncle in the Copper Country. But, the trail on what he did and where he went between arriving in America from Finland, and his marriage showing up on church records in Sault Ste Marie, MI ends there.

My grandmother, Liisa Matt's daughter Killunen, was born September 22, 1874 in Lappajarvi. I don't know when she left Finland, but she arrived in America in Sault Ste. Marie in 1900 via Canada. And, shows on church records in Sault Ste. Marie, MI with her marriage to my grandfather.

I'd like to fill in the blanks...

One clue I have is the address for family of my grandmother in Canada. I wrote to that address, but got no response. And, I have a picture of my grandfather with a man, who the current family can't identify. I am just becoming familiar with The Findlander forum, and if I can figure out how to insert the photo, I will post it in the future.

I also have the Finnish church records for both families back to the 1600s, and would like to find links to extended families.

Hello. I have also Hulkko ancestors. Fun to find relatives here

With the start of Johan Bengtsson Hulkko d. 1696
son Gustaf b. 1674
Valborg b. 1701
Maria b. 1735
Jacob b. 1770
Maria b. 1789
Fredric b. 1866 and to my grandfather
Frans Oskar b. 1896

Plain Ann
04-03-10, 21:06
This may be a duplicate, as I tried to send it once, and it seems to have disappeared.

My family starts in 1666 with Joan Berthilinpoika. His first wife was Nilla Vipuntytar. And, the second wife was Brita Thomasksentytar.

He had a son Gustaf Johaninpoika born in 1674.

Gustaf married Susanna.

Their children were:

Maria 1696
Walborg 1701
Anders 1704
Marten 1708

My family continues from Anders...