PDA

View Full Version : FFHA additions

Jaska Sarell
01-03-10, 11:29
As quite many of you have ancestors in Ostrobothnian Lake District, I want to inform that a lot of new material has become available from the area recently.
Available parishes: Lappajärvi, Alajärvi, Kortesjärvi, Lehtimäki, Vimpeli, Evijärvi and Soini. All have at least communion book (rippikirja) records, some also new material for members only. Expecting that also remaining original history books become available soon.
See the listing at http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/index_eng.htm
The FFHA's scanner, that was positioned in Lappajärvi, is now moved on to Kokkola (Gamlakarleby). So the thin coverage thereabouts will thicken soon.

:) Jaska

Karen Norwillo
01-03-10, 16:03
Thanks, Jaska. I have been "fleshing out" my Sulasalmi family. I've been working on my uncle and aunt's side in Jalasjärvi and Peräseinajoki and have traced the families to 1790 so far. Best money I've spent in a long time on a subscription. Uncovered some real interesting facts. It will be nice to have access to the sources in Ostrobothnia.
Karen

JenniferRipley
01-03-10, 21:32
These extra years and the search capability will be very good for my research in these villages.
Jennifer