PDA

View Full Version : Passports & connections in Sweden

Tracy Boeldt
06-09-03, 07:03
Hello again,
I recently found my g grandmother listed on Ellis Island & at the migration institute site in Finland, but only passenger information but nothing on her passport in Finland. Any ideas on finding her passport? Plus, she listed her last place of residence in Finland as Hanyslaks, Finland--is this near Pargas, Finland. Also, listed was Pargas, Malm Ab--where is that located?
Thank you in advance,
Tracy

Tracy Boeldt
06-09-03, 07:06
Hi,
Sorry about that last post--I forgot to include my question on Sweden--I was just wondering if anyone had connections in the Skaraborg county, since most of my g grandfather's relatives are from that area.
Thanks in advance,
Tracy

Hasse
08-09-03, 15:38
Originally posted by Tracy Boeldt
... she listed her last place of residence in Finland as Hanyslaks, Finland--is this near Pargas, Finland. Also, listed was Pargas, Malm Ab--where is that located?

We have members from the Pargas area. Pargas Malm Ab must be the older name for Partek, ie. an industry/factory in Pargas. The Hanyslaks place name sounds like having a spelling error. Maybe the Pargas people will have a clue to what it means.

Tracy Boeldt
25-09-03, 00:02
Hej,
I was doing some reading of my data today and came across the right spelling of "Hanyslaks"--I think the correct spelling is "Hangslax" located in Nagu, so I guess I had the answers right in front of me. I was wondering about a coupe of places in Sweden: Forshem & Bölstad--are these near the Torsö parish? Is anyone familiar with the Holmsund soldier's croft in Torsö?
Tack för hjälpen!
Tracy