PDA

View Full Version : Anders Gustaf Wirkkala b. Mar 3, 1879

immortalmorpheu
18-04-10, 11:32
Hello All,

I am trying to track down a connection in my Wirkkala Family Lines. I am trying to find information on a Anders Gustaf Wirkkala b. Mar 3, 1879 in Kaustby Finland. He immigrated to the United States and married a Hilda Korpela in 1903 in Astoria, Oregon. I am trying to find records of him in Finland. Does this name ring a bell to anyone?

According to the records I have of him in the United States his name was Andrew K Wirkkala b. 1879 in Finland. Him and his family lived in Naselle, Washington mostly. One of his children's names in Oiva C Wirkkala b. Mar 20, 1906 in Naselle. If anyone might be able to help me with this info I would greatly appreciate it.

Karen Norwillo
18-04-10, 17:01
There are only two Anders Gustaf Wirkkala born Kaustby on Hiski, neither with date you have. None in 1879.
Anders Gustaf born 3 Jan 1871 to Jonas Jonasson Wirkala and Anna Briita
Anders Gustaf born 9 May 1874 to Anders Mattsson Wirkkala and Anna Lisa.

Jaska Sarell
18-04-10, 18:01
There are only two Anders Gustaf Wirkkala born Kaustby on Hiski, neither with date you have. None in 1879.
Anders Gustaf born 3 Jan 1871 to Jonas Jonasson Wirkala and Anna Briita
Anders Gustaf born 9 May 1874 to Anders Mattsson Wirkkala and Anna Lisa.

The latter couple might be right one, as there's a death of Anders Gustaf, son of Anders Mattss. Järvilä on 3 Apr 1878 at age of 3y10m23d, and a birth of Anders Gustaf on 19 Sep 1879 to Anders Mattsson Järvilä and Anna Lisa.

Maybe the family moved from Wirkkala to Järvilä - at least mother's age fits.
Perhaps somebody knows better...

:) Jaska

June Pelo
18-04-10, 18:52
I have Anders Gustaf Andersson Herronen-Wirkkala, b. Sep 1879, Kaustby to Anders Mattsson Herronen and Anna Lisa Jonasdotter Warg-Varila. I have data about Anna Lisa's family, but only have parents for Anders Mattsson Herronen. I tried checking Talko, but Börje Westö's data is no longer there and I wasn't able to find anything on HisKi.