PDA

View Full Version : Lulu M. Halvorson (Hakkinen) death

goldie
30-04-10, 19:11
This was in the local paper in Superior, WI. I thought I would post incase it might fit into anyones family tree. There is also a sister with last name of Kyllonen which I have seen posts for on this board.

Lulu M. Halvorson
Lulu M. Halvorson, 92, died Thursday, April 29, 2010, in Three Forks, Mont.

Lulu M. Halvorson, 92, died Thursday, April 29, 2010, in Three Forks, Mont.

She was born on May 4, 1917, in Brule, Wis. to Linda and Iver Hakkinen.

Lulu was born and raised on the family farm in Brule and spent most of her life in Superior with her husband of 66 years, Clyde. After Clyde’s death she spent her last years in Montana, near her daughter and family. She made her 75th trip to Montana on her first airplane ride. Alzheimer’s took her away from us long before her death. She had resided at Pathways Assisted Living in Three Forks. Lulu loved her granddaughters more than anything in this world.

She is survived by one daughter, LuAnne (Chris) Olmsted, Willow Creek, Mont.; two granddaughters, Amber Ivie, Salida, Calif. and Whitney Olmsted, Three Forks, Mont.; one grandson Mathious Triplett and soon to be born grandson, Christopher Cash Denison; one sister, Jennie Tarro, Montreal, Wis.

She was preceded in death by three brothers Hjalmer, Toivo and Reino Hakkinen and two sisters, Ell Weber and Elmie Kyllonen.

A celebration of Lulu and Clyde’s lives will be held in Brule at a later date.

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/obituary/id/41969/

eeva.hakkinen
01-05-10, 21:16
Thanks, Goldie. I have not yet been able to link them to my Häkkinen trees, but I am always interested in the name. I could recently locate some Häkkinens who had disappered in the west with great help from Karen Norwillo (sorry, if I misspelled her name, cannot check just now...).

goldie
03-05-10, 22:12
You are very welcome. Good luck in your continued seach for your family.