PDA

View Full Version : Cooking turkey?

Cooper
02-01-04, 17:25
I posted an entry on celebrating the New Year and mentioned that more and more people in Russia try to cook turkey for the Christams and the New Year celebration meals.
Probably someone would like to share recipes of cooking turkey?

:)

June Pelo
02-01-04, 23:16
There are many ways to cook a turkey. Try this URL for some ideas:
Cooking turkey (http://www.google.com)

Type cooking turkey in the search box and you'll get a million choices.

June

Cooper
05-01-04, 18:55
Thank you very much!
I will immediately try it!

Sincerely,

Cooper
05-01-04, 18:59
Thank you, dear June,

My wife will certainly cook a turkey for our Orthodox Christmas (january,7).

Kind regards,

June Pelo
05-01-04, 19:56
Baking a whole turkey in the oven is the traditional way, but some people split them down the back and spread the bird open to hasten the cooking process. Also some people deep fry them or barbecue them. I've never tried those ways, but my neighbor always deep fries his turkey in a big pot in his backyard. Smoked turkey is another option and it's delicious.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it.

June

Cooper
06-01-04, 16:17
Dear June,

Thank you for the piece of excellent advice!
Unfortunately, we cannot cook anything in the back yard now because of the snowhills. It has been snowing since the 1st of January.

We shall certainly try cooking the turkey using different methods.

I will report on the progress, if it is OK with you.

June Pelo
06-01-04, 17:11
Yes, it would be interesting to hear about your turkey when you cook it. As for the snow, sorry, but we don't have to worry about it in Florida. (Right now we have the best weather in the entire US!) Maybe you could clear away the snow and set up the pot of oil and try to cook it there - but it has to be a large pot with lots of hot boiling oil - and very dangerous, too, if the oil spills or splashes.

June

Cooper
06-01-04, 18:43
Dear June,

Thank you for your post.

I have a friend from Kansas City visiting me. Probably I should ask him for a trial cooking?

I will attach a picture for you to see what our snow can be like.

June Pelo
06-01-04, 19:44
Pretty. They look like snow sculptures, but I assume there are trees beneath the snow. Your friend is probably familiar with how turkey is cooked.

June

Cooper
06-01-04, 20:43
Dear June,

It will be for the first time in my life that i try cooking a turkey, so I do not want to fail!

Thanks for the post, here is another picture for you.