PDA

View Full Version : Frank O. Nordland (Nordlund)

wxman61
23-10-10, 19:25
I am looking for information on a Frank (Frans) O. Nordland (Nordlund) who was born May 1888 in the Provience of Pori. He ended up in Northern Minnesota and died in 1918 of the influence outbreak. He married Agnes Marie Krigsholm in Minnesota.
Thanks
Bob

Karen Norwillo
24-10-10, 03:27
Bob,
On Ancestry.com, there is an extensive family tree with photos.
Also found 1910 Fank Nordland was a boarder in a boarding house in Fall Lake, Lake, MN. Was 22, single, US 1909, laborer sawmill
1920, Agnes Nordland in Awamba, Carlton, MN widow with 3 children.
From MOM, Minn. Official Marriage System, Frank Oskar Nordland married Agnes Mary Krigsholm 15 Jun 1915 in Carlton county, MN
From the MN Birth Index
Frank Edvin Nordland born 8 Mar 1916 Carlton cty, MN-he died 18 May 1980 Gilbert, St Louis, MN
Carl Gunnard Nordland born 15 Jun 1917 Carlton cty, MN and died 18 Apr 2004 Crofton, Ann Arundel, MD
Agnes Alexander (Sandy) born 12 Dec 1918 Carlton cty, MN and died Feb 1982 Lake Havasu City, AZ. She was married to Thore Martin Bjorklund. Thore Bjorklund 26 Sep 1906-15 Aug 1988 Lake Havasu City, AZ. They had at least 2 daughters in MN.
Nickname Sandy from that family tree.
Frank O Nordland died 28 Dec 1918 St Louis cty, MN
Attached is WWI Draft Reg for Frank O.

wxman61
24-10-10, 19:29
Karen:

Thanks for the information. I had all of it except for the marriage info., The family tree you mentioned is mine. I am trying to get information prior to his arrival in the United States.
Thanks
Bob

Karen Norwillo
24-10-10, 21:38
You're wecome. If I had known you were looking for Finland info, I would have been looking in that direction.

wxman61
24-10-10, 22:04
You're wecome. If I had known you were looking for Finland info, I would have been looking in that direction.

I was happy to get the web site for the marriage. I guessed that they had married in 1915 but did not know where or when. It also provided me with my grandfathers middle name. Before all I had was the initial O. Now I know that the O stands for Oskar. I ordered a copy of the marriage certificate to add to the birth certificates I have obtained. Thanks once again.
Bob:)

Karen Norwillo
25-10-10, 16:52
When you receive the marriage data, if parents are given, let me know. I will search FFHA for info. I looked at Turku Pori and Bjornborg, but the only Frans Oskar Nordlund found born was 1887 and 1889. Having at least father would help.
Karen

syrene
31-10-10, 00:07
From Björneborg church records
11.12.1887 18.12.1887 Kokemäensaari Mäkitalo Suutarin vävy Karl Nordlund vaimo Edla Maria 33 Frans Oskar Stefanus

The wrong year, but could it still be the same person? I would ask what Frans/Frank named his children. Often the same names are used from generation to generation.

Syrene

wxman61
31-10-10, 18:08
He named his children:
Alina Irene
Frank Edvin
Carl Gunnard
Agnes Alexsander

Bob

wxman61
02-11-10, 17:59
When you receive the marriage data, if parents are given, let me know. I will search FFHA for info. I looked at Turku Pori and Bjornborg, but the only Frans Oskar Nordlund found born was 1887 and 1889. Having at least father would help.
Karen

I got the marriage certificate but Minnesota does not list father or mother on it. Dead end there. If you look at his WWI registration card does that state Turun as place of birth or what. Not sure what it said. Thought at first it was Luvia but looking at it more closely it might be Turun.
Bob

Karen Norwillo
02-11-10, 20:12
I think it's Turun. That's why I searched Turku-Pori and Björnborg.

Kaj Granlund
15-11-10, 14:49
Turun is the genetive of Turku (=Turku's province) And Luvia is in that distsrict. I know there were a lot of swedishspeaking people outside Pori/Björneborg, that joined the Swedish lutheran congregations as the emigrated and ofcourse not the finnsh speaking ones (due to the language) These records are at the Augustana archive. And because these congregations usually had pastors from Scandinavia they usually also kept very good and exact records similar to those they were used to back in Sweden or Finland. Those records helped me to find my relatives

wxman61
15-11-10, 22:25
Kaj:
Thank you for this information. Where is this Augustana record location?
Thanks
Bob

Turun is the genetive of Turku (=Turku's province) And Luvia is in that distsrict. I know there were a lot of swedishspeaking people outside Pori/Björneborg, that joined the Swedish lutheran congregations as the emigrated and ofcourse not the finnsh speaking ones (due to the language) These records are at the Augustana archive. And because these congregations usually had pastors from Scandinavia they usually also kept very good and exact records similar to those they were used to back in Sweden or Finland. Those records helped me to find my relatives

Kaj Granlund
16-11-10, 21:40
Try this link: http://www.augustana.edu/x20861.xml. They might be able to give you some more information