PDA

View Full Version : Ellen E.(Nyberg) Muttonen

goldie
26-10-10, 20:05
Ellen E. Muttonen, 98, longtime Brule resident, died Friday, Oct. 22, 2010, at the Middle River Health and Rehabilitation Center.

She was born Dec. 5, 1911, in Cromwell, Minn., to Ony and Hilma (Peura) Nyberg.

Ellen married Walter R. Muttonen and celebrated 42 years of marriage before he passed away in April 1980.

She was known as a wonderful cook and enjoyed knitting, crossword puzzles, gardening and loved feeding the wild birds in her yard.

She is survived by three daughters, Betty (Rodney) Lehto, Brule, Gloria (Ronald) Lahti, Brule, Patricia Muttonen, Superior; one son, Robert (Sharon) Muttonen, Lake Nebagamon; seven grandchildren, Kathy, Andy, Bonnie, Sandy, Erik, Brian and Neil; and 13 great-grandchildren.

In addition to her husband Walter, she was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and one sister.

Visitation will begin at 10 until the 11 a.m. funeral service Thursday, Oct. 28 in the Lenroot-Maetzold Funeral Home, 1209 E. Fifth St., Superior, with Pastor Sara Kerkes from Our Saviorís Lutheran Church officiating.

Interment will be in Everrest Cemetery in Waino.

The family would like to extend their heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the wonderful staff at Middle River Health and Rehabilitation Center for the care they offered Ellen during her stay.
http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/obituary/id/47063/

D J Granlund
27-10-10, 17:41
Thank you for the posting. I was in school in Cromwell with a Nyberg boy and am sure he is a relative. I copied the page and will mail it to him today. I should have been in contact with him sooner but we all have busy lives and the time does not stop for anyone. David