PDA

View Full Version : New Member -tardy in saying hello!

vonriedesel
27-10-10, 02:32
Hello All!
I joined this board last month and immediately received help from a number of you regarding my wife's Swede-Finn family history. My name is Mark Rogers and I live in Negaunee, MI, but I am from North Carolina. I have been doing genealogy for over 30 years, so I was one of those weird kids who wanted to know more about his family. Luckily I grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which has the world's second largest genelogical collection. When I was in undergraduate and graduate school, I had the pleasure and honor of being Supervisor of the Historical Genealogy Department Research Center in the Fred Reynolds Collection, so I had plenty of oppoirtunity to work not only on my own family, but do vast amounts of research for others.

Needless to say, though, when I started working on my wife's tree, I was a bit lost in regards to Swede-Finn heritage and records. I hadn't used my Swedish since graduate school, but luckily Henrik Mangs has been kind enough to work with me in getting back up to speed. ( My mother-in-law still says that I sound too angry when I speak Swedish - I sound like a German tourist since that was my orginal second language!)

Well, that's about it! Thanks to all for your help, and I look forward to the discussions here on the board

Yours,
Mark