PDA

View Full Version : Translation of Sukuhistoria sshy record please

pricefam1987
18-11-10, 08:30
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/kirjat/Kirkonkirjat/hirvensalmi/rippikirja_1818-1828_tk1082-1083/10.htm
Hi I would be grateful if someone could provide their version of what this page means and says.
I am not sure who are sons, who are daughters and who they have married etc.
My relative is at the bottom but if you could do the whole page then I can understand how they lay out the pages for my other records.
Thankyou
Tiina

Jaska Sarell
18-11-10, 09:48
In this case the FFHA record is quite faint, and the equivalent Narc record may be more readable: http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=4613889

Suonsalmi No 3
Värd (farm owner) Marcus Kempi
H[ustru] (wife) Valborg Ripatti (apparently earlier married with Christer Käräjämies)

Son Christer Christersson Käräjämies
H[ustru] (wife) Maria Kuituin (Kuitunen)

Dot[ter] (daughter) Ewa Christerdr Käräjämies
Bror (brother) Påhl Käräjämies
H[ustru] (wife) Anna Uckoin (Ukkonen)
Dot[ter] (daughter) Caisa Påhlsdr Käräjämies
Son Sigfrid Påhls: Käräjämies
Dot[ter] (daughter) Walborg Påhlsdr Käräjämies

Then pig (maid) Eva Ripatti, several farm hands (dräng), of which Anders Tantu (Tanttu) has wife Eva Påhlsdr Martinen (Marttinen). No relationship to the families above are indicated.

Unfortunately most Hirvensalmi records were burned in the fire of the vicarage in 1822.

:) Jaska

pricefam1987
18-11-10, 23:22
Dear Jaska
Thankyou very much.:)
I have been reading the records the wrong way and your translation helps alot.
One more question if I may...
At the bottom of the page You say Anders Tanttu has wife Eva Pahlsdotter Martinen. How could you tell that? There is a name in between of Thomas Kempi.
Also under Eva's name there are three names all different surnames.
Are they her sons? Why different surnames?
Or are they just workers and the last Matts Tanttu (my relative)
is the son of Anders because of the surname?
Sorry to ask so many questions..
Tiina

Jaska Sarell
19-11-10, 11:12
Nothing in that record can tell whether maid Eva Ripatti and the farm hands are related in any way. These workers have not been there simultaneously, but for a few years during the period - see the communion markings on the right page.
Thomas Kempi had moved on before Eva Martinen came in as wife to Anders Tantu - they have notion a) in the left to tie them together.
Your Matts Tantu (1805) cannot be son of Anders (1796), but perhaps a brother. Both their patronymics might be Adamsson (abbreviated here as Adms: and Ads: ). Even they don't seem to be on this page at the same time.
You should try to follow the movements from the column "Af- och Tillflytning", where fr. p means from page and till p. to page.

pricefam1987
19-11-10, 23:30
Thanks again Jaska
Really helpful to a novice.

pricefam1987
20-11-10, 01:42
Dear Jaska
I have found this page with Matts Tantu born 1805 as well.
Can I ask you what enk. means at the beginning of the line?
Also and this is quite important because he was married to my GGGrandmother
Judigt tuukain (with the a))
Is the Maria Tantu 1800 above his sister? And does it show his parents or other siblings please?
I can see that Lena Ingeroin is a maid.
What does the v mean? and Dr:?
From what I can see it starts half way down with Johan Poyry 1793 with a number of different names underneath his until you get to Dr: Paul Poyry born the same year (brothers?).
Then more different names until the Tantus.
Any explanation would be welcome. Sorry to be so new at this...I hope I am not providing amusement to the whole of finland on this forum with my silly questions
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/kirjat/Kirkonkirjat/hirvensalmi/rippikirja_1818-1828_tk1082-1083/23.htm

pricefam1987
20-11-10, 02:19
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=4613912
Can I please check these too with someone?
Torp:Thomas Poyry (Enkl: what is this and the cross mean please?)
had a son Adam Poyry who married twice or who are those two woman under him with the H or M?

Thomas also had a daughter Eva Poyry who had 3 children:
Matts And Tuukain (what are the letters please before this name look like Styson),
Tobias Anderson Tuukain and Judigt Tuukain.
Is this right?
And this family have no relationship to the people above?
Is this right?
Cheers
Tiina

BeverlyCooper
20-11-10, 05:16
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~swewgw/Fact/Dict/facdic00.htm has a Swedish dictionary that might help with translations.

Karen Norwillo
20-11-10, 15:53
Enk=widowed
Under Adam. First wife died, + means died. Generally found left of the name in the margin. Date is usually entered somewhere on the page, often far right. She died 1821. 2nd wife is underneath. h or H =wife.
If I'm reading correctly: from the top
farm Björnilä farm
Christer, who was widower, died
son Matt and 1st and 2nd wives
son Christer
daughters Anna, Lisa, Eva
Thomas, probably Christer #1 brother
his son Adam and 2 wives
daughter Eva
and next 3, can't be sure, but notation could be hyrestgäst, lodgers on farm.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

pricefam1987
23-11-10, 08:37
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~swewgw/Fact/Dict/facdic00.htm has a Swedish dictionary that might help with translations.
Thanks Beverley :)

pricefam1987
23-11-10, 08:38
Thankyou Karen
That helps alot too. Once I work out the basics I think I will be fine.
cheers
Tiina

Enk=widowed
Under Adam. First wife died, + means died. Generally found left of the name in the margin. Date is usually entered somewhere on the page, often far right. She died 1821. 2nd wife is underneath. h or H =wife.
If I'm reading correctly: from the top
farm Björnilä farm
Christer, who was widower, died
son Matt and 1st and 2nd wives
son Christer
daughters Anna, Lisa, Eva
Thomas, probably Christer #1 brother
his son Adam and 2 wives
daughter Eva
and next 3, can't be sure, but notation could be hyrestgäst, lodgers on farm.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

pricefam1987
23-11-10, 08:40
Hi Jaksa

I havent seen the narc record before.It is much better because you can zoom etc.Are all the records available like this? I am a suku member if that helps me access them.Where are they found please?
Regards
Tiina

In this case the FFHA record is quite faint, and the equivalent Narc record may be more readable: http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=4613889

Suonsalmi No 3
Värd (farm owner) Marcus Kempi
H[ustru] (wife) Valborg Ripatti (apparently earlier married with Christer Käräjämies)

Son Christer Christersson Käräjämies
H[ustru] (wife) Maria Kuituin (Kuitunen)

Dot[ter] (daughter) Ewa Christerdr Käräjämies
Bror (brother) Påhl Käräjämies
H[ustru] (wife) Anna Uckoin (Ukkonen)
Dot[ter] (daughter) Caisa Påhlsdr Käräjämies
Son Sigfrid Påhls: Käräjämies
Dot[ter] (daughter) Walborg Påhlsdr Käräjämies

Then pig (maid) Eva Ripatti, several farm hands (dräng), of which Anders Tantu (Tanttu) has wife Eva Påhlsdr Martinen (Marttinen). No relationship to the families above are indicated.

Unfortunately most Hirvensalmi records were burned in the fire of the vicarage in 1822.