PDA

View Full Version : Norrby

June Pelo
03-12-10, 02:01
There is a Norrby in Nedervetil and also in Lepplax. How do I know which Norrby to use when text indicates a birth in Norrby?

Hasse
03-12-10, 12:13
There is a Norrby in Nedervetil and also in Lepplax. How do I know which Norrby to use when text indicates a birth in Norrby?

Quote from Kronoby' web pages

Norrlepplax by anslöts till Kronoby socken först år 1856, under namnet Norrby. Fram till dess hörde byn till Pedersöre socken. Till byn hörde 8 hemman, fördelade på två skilda bebyggelser, Masarholmsbyn och Norrbyn. Till Masarholmsbyn hörde Masarholm, Käld, Döragrip och Träisk hemman, till Norrbyn Sparv, Bjon, Gers och Norrby hemman.

Any farm name involved?

kivinen1
03-12-10, 12:40
Norrby, is in the exact area that is between what is today part of Kronoby and the part that is today part of Pedersöre in Lepplax. Is it just the same place? My Grundvall cousins live there today... I thought it was the same.

Or, do I remember a "Norrby" road sign close to the highway that goes from Karleby to Kaustby?

June Pelo
03-12-10, 16:41
The area where Seljes is located south of Nedervetil is shown as Norrby on a map and to the west of Norrby is Överby - they are separated by the Vetil river. The homes located in Norrby are Paasiala, Dahlbacka, Vestersund, Högnäs, Pirttiniemi, Jänislampi, Haavisto, Emmes, Knektilä, Jolkka, Saarukka and Tuuna.

The question arises from this: Elias Andersson Norrby, b. 1782, Norrby, d. 1807. Farmer in Norrby. Married Anna Simonsdotter Södö , b. 1784 in Lepplax.

Hasse
03-12-10, 16:58
The area where Seljes is located south of Nedervetil is shown as Norrby on a map and to the west of Norrby is Överby - they are separated by the Vetil river. The homes located in Norrby are Paasiala, Dahlbacka, Vestersund, Högnäs, Pirttiniemi, Jänislampi, Haavisto, Emmes, Knektilä, Jolkka, Saarukka and Tuuna.

The question arises from this: Elias Andersson Norrby, b. 1782, Norrby, d. 1807. Farmer in Norrby. Married Anna Simonsdotter Södö , b. 1784 in Lepplax.

Guess one should be able to see what the communion books have to say, but my two cents would be on Norrbyn in Nederlepplax. In any case it seems to be far from Jolkka and Tuuna...

June Pelo
03-12-10, 17:24
I think this is a good example of why people should include the parish name with the farm or village name, especially when there are several places with the same name in other parishes. Anyway, I'm going to include this guy in Lepplax.

Jaska Sarell
03-12-10, 18:57
HisKi marriage record gives Lepplax: http://hiski.genealogia.fi/hiski?en+t6044006

:) Jaska

June Pelo
03-12-10, 20:19
My next step would have been to check HisKi - thanks for doing it for me, Jaska!