PDA

View Full Version : Dolores Lundberg

goldie
29-12-10, 17:40
Dolores was my 3rd grade teacher. Best teacher I ever had. I have seen other posts with the Lundberg name so I thought I would post this.

Dolores “Lol” A. (Hanson) Lundberg, age 93, formally of Poplar, Wis. passed away on Dec. 24, 2010, in Panama City, Fla.

She was born on Nov. 20, 1917. She graduated from Superior Central High and the University of Wisconsin, Superior. She was a longtime educator in the Maple School District teaching 32 years at Richard I Bong Memorial Elementary School. Dolores was awarded the Thanks Badge in Girl Scouts for her work establishing scouting in rural Douglas County. She was a member of Alpha Delta Kappa (women’s honorary educators’ sorority), Wisconsin Retired Teachers’ Association, Poplar Study Club, and several Bible Study Groups.

She was preceded in death by her husband, John C. Lundberg, parents Herman Hanson and Mabel Byhre Hanson, sister Alma Batcheller, brothers Lloyd, Glen and Jim and one grandson.

Dolores is survived by her brother Harold Hanson, Wentworth, Wis.; sister Jean Shea, Great Falls, Va.; children Ken (Mary) Lundberg, Jack (Dorothy) Lundberg of Lake Nebagamon, Wis., and Jean (Jim) Olson of Panama City, Fla. She leaves behind her grandchildren Mike Lundberg, David Lundberg, Kathleen (Duane) Hill, Tom (Amy) Lundberg, Tim Lundberg, Kirsten (Rick) Wallace, John Lundberg, Karen Callahan, Jill (Dave) Scherrer, Rebecca (Nick) Cosford, Amanda (Bob) Kuchta, and 24 great-grandchildren.

Dolores is remembered for her dedication to family, community and church. She was a member of Lakeside Church in Wentworth, Wis. Memorial services will be conducted at a later date in Poplar. The family wishes to thank Dr. Bobbie Baker, Covenant Hospice and the caregivers at both Sterling House Assisted Living and Mathison Retirement Center for their loving care of our mother during her final years. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made to Covenant Hospice, 107 W. 19th St., Panama City, FL 32405.

Arrangements by Wilson Funeral Home in Panama City, Fla., (850)785-5272.

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/obituary/id/48971/