PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Österberg's descendants...?

amoludere
14-01-11, 12:18
I would like to get information on Ruben Österberg's wife and children. I know he was born on Nov 30, 1895 in Helsinki, and died in 1959. (I also know he was 'landshövding' in Åland 1938-45.) I would appreciate any facts on this, and/or suggestions on how to proceed in my search, since I live in Sweden, and don't have any knowledge about suitable Finnish archives/sources.

/Christer

Ingemar Ekman
14-01-11, 13:28
Hi Christer,
In the book " Vem och Vad 1975" I found a son to "landshövding" Ruben Österberg and Runa Sjöroos and will send you a PM since it is possible that the son is living. I do not find Ruben Österberg in the older issue of " Vem och Vad" from 1936 I have at home. The National Library in Stockholm have all issues of "Vem och Vad" published in Finland about every 5 - 8th year.
Best regards, Ingemar

amoludere
14-01-11, 18:52
Ingemar:

Many thanks for your support and the information you provided in the PMs!

/Christer

Ingemar Ekman
15-01-11, 17:29
Christer:
I had an errand to "Genalogiska föreningen" (www.genealogi.net) in Solna today. On their big section about Finland I checked the biographical handbooks "Vem och Vad" and found information about Ruben Österberg. Extract in Swedish from the books 1941 and 1948 (no further information in the later issues):
"Ruben Fredrik Österberg född 1895 i Helsingfors av faktor John Österberg och Johanna Sofia Nyström, gift 1922 med Runa Signhild Sjöroos, dotter till prosten Berndt Sjöroos och Martha Wellenius. Ruben Österberg var borgmästare i Nykarleby 1922, Kronolänsman i Korsholm 1923, utnämnd 21 dec 1938 till landshövding i landskapet Åland, utnämnd 1 maj 1945 till domhavande i Raseborgs domsaga, satt i stadsfullmäktige i Ekenäs 1951-1953, särintresse kvartettsång och långfärdssegling"

I checked also the book from year 2008 at my local library but no more information about Ruben´s son, 3 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren that you got as PMs yesterday. Please let me know if I should ask for phone numbers from my friends in Esbo and Kyrkslätt.
Ingemar

amoludere
16-01-11, 13:48
Ingemar:

Thanks again for the references and very specific information you provided! I think for the present time it's quite enough to include this information in the family tree I'm putting together, to be seen by today's descendants of another person of the Österberg branch of the tree. Then we will see if it later on develops any interest among them of establishing also personal contact with some of Ruben Ö's descendants.

Best regards.

/Christer