PDA

View Full Version : Olof Olofsson Torp

K-G Molander
03-02-11, 21:14
Olof Olofsson born abt 1570 Lillcaino, Vetil.

I have seen his fathers name as Olof Larsson; Olof Olofsson and many have father as Olof Michelsson Storcaino born 1535/1537/1550/1555 who knows??

Question: Do we know the fathers name?

Grateful for any suggestions

June Pelo
04-02-11, 01:07
K-G,

According to notes I have from a number of knowledgeable people in Finland, this is what they say: The father Olof was at Torp in Vetil 1603-34. Hans-Erik Krokfors shows father is Olof Olofsson Storgård-Torp, b. ca 1530, d. 1653. Had 4 sons. Could have died 1635.

June Pelo
04-02-11, 01:10
K-G,

I forgot to mention that Mikko Bergholm shows the father of Olof to be Olof Larsson Torppa, b. 1525. So there seems to be two opinions - don't know their sources..

K-G Molander
05-02-11, 02:03
Thanks June.
Always faithfull.

So, this is what we know:
Fathers name is Olof and he was at Torp farm between 1603-1634 and that he had 4 sons.
We also know that Olof Michelsson Storcaiono is not the father.

June Pelo
05-02-11, 02:24
Sounds like a good assumption - until someone comes along with better info.

Ruokoja
05-02-11, 15:55
Is this a different line? http://www.loffe.net/content/view/1243/61/

June Pelo
05-02-11, 18:06
Johan Ludvig Runeberg was part of the Torp family. Caino and Torp were two separate families but united in marriage many times. There are lots of descendants of Olof Olofsson Torp and they're all covered in the Caino-Torp book. A lot of Finlander members are descended from this Torp family.

Jaska Sarell
05-02-11, 18:56
Is this a different line? http://www.loffe.net/content/view/1243/61/

I recall, that this old assumption (connection IV-V) has never been verified and hence omitted eg. in Caino-Torp book. There the Torp part starts from Olof Olofsson Torp.
But once published it appears here and there over and over again :(

:) Jaska

Ruokoja
05-02-11, 20:17
Johan Ludvig Runeberg was part of the Torp family. Caino and Torp were two separate families but united in marriage many times. There are lots of descendants of Olof Olofsson Torp and they're all covered in the Caino-Torp book. A lot of Finlander members are descended from this Torp family.

Both of my paternal grandparents have a line coming from this Torppa family. I was thinking to count the degree of relationship of Runeberg and me but I don't manage this removing system or whatever it is.

Jaska Sarell
05-02-11, 20:54
Most genealogy programs calculate that for you, but maybe not the Finnish ones as we don't have such expressions.
This chart may help: http://finlander.genealogia.fi/sfhswiki/index.php/Cousin_Finder

:) Jaska

June Pelo
05-02-11, 20:55
All my grandparents were related to Runeberg through Johan Gabrielsson Torppa - my computer calculates it all for me. Since I don't have your family in my computer, there is a chart you can use to figure it out. I'd attach it, but can't figure out how to attach it - there's no button to click for attachments...

June Pelo
05-02-11, 21:05
That chart is the same one I have, but there are no instructions for adding attachments, so I couldn't send it.. Guess I'm too old to learn new tricks..