PDA

View Full Version : Wiitamaki/Lepisto

ctrtle74
14-03-11, 14:23
Tekkla Amalia Heinno(??) was born around 1872 in Finland, she was married to John Wiitamamki who was born around 1869 in Lestijoki but his obit says Ylistaro.. They had a child, Matte William who married Tyne Norma. Norma ( as I knew her) immigrated with her mother, Katri S Lepisto in 1908. Katri had to change her name when she got her, she changed it to Katherine. Her husband was Frank Oscar Lepisto, born around 1878 in Vetil. I believe Franks parents were Jacob Lepisto and Matilda Piekkola.

Thanks so much

Karen Norwillo
14-03-11, 18:18
If you tell us exactly what you're looking for and what you have, it would help. I found on Ancestry.com, the Wiitamaki family in the census images in MN and the arrival of Katri and daughter in 1908 and 1909. Looks like they were sent back the first time as one of them had trachoma, a very infectious eye infection. Found the Lepisto family in 1910-20 in Nashwauk, Itasca, MN. In 1920 Katri is listed as Catherine. Found draft card for Matthias William Wiitamaki for WWI. Looks like he used William in the census and Tyyne used Norma, as you said. Matt William Wiitamaki born 11 Aug 1896 in Ironwood, MI and died 28 Mar 1973 in Aberdeen, Grays Harbor, WA. I have the images if you need.

ctrtle74
14-03-11, 21:40
I am sorry, was not very clear what I was looking for. I have most of the information you found, I am looking more for the information before they immigrated. John Wiitamaki is who I have yet to find anything on. He was my ggg grandfather. I have access to ancestry.com, unfortunately they don't have anything from Finnish parishes, and I have yet to figure out how they work. I am nto even sure if Wiitamaki is the correct name.