PDA

View Full Version : Book on Kimito

Tracy Boeldt
18-01-04, 18:29
Hi all,
I don't know if I've this post in the right place, but I came across some information about a book published in Kimito (actually two books, but I'm interested in one of them). It is about the village, Pederså (this is were my gggrandmother lived)--the author is Harry Törnqvist & others. Ingemar Ekman sent me the site address, but I was wondering if anyone on the list knows anything about the book or it's author.
Thanks,
Tracy

Ingemar Ekman
06-02-04, 18:08
Hi Tracy,
I borrowed at my library the book Våra Byar II ( Our Villages II) written by Harry Törnqvist and others, published by "Hembygdsforskarna i Kimitobygden", 214 pages with lot of photos, both of buildings (homes) and persons and I will have the book until the 24th of Feb. I can send you the list of contents if you want. It seems to be an interesting book.
Best Regards,
Ingemar

Tracy Boeldt
06-02-04, 18:25
Hi Ingemar!
That would be great if you could do that! Does it look like there's anything about my gg grandmother? Should I get the book myself?
Tack! Tracy

Ingemar Ekman
07-02-04, 00:14
Hi Tracy,
I scanned the “list of content” but the file is too big (1.1MB) to attach in Finlander so I will send it by airmail to you. The book is in Swedish and I will read it and send you extract if I found
anything about your ggm Amanda Gustava Blomqvist. You mentioned earlier that she worked as housekeeper in the farm Falla in Pederså between 1922 – 1935.
The book has 3-4 pages about Falla. The farmer in Falla at that time was Johan Trygg died 1933 at an age of 101 years. Johan was married 1862 to Eva Otteliana Lindbom born 1837 in Bromarf. They had a foster daughter Alma Viktoria born 1873 in Pargas married 1893 to Lundström and they lived also in Falla from 1896 and they had 3 children and 1 foster son and descendants to them lives now in Falla.
Ingemar

Tracy Boeldt
07-02-04, 02:27
Hi Ingemar,
Amanda Gustava worked at seven different farms/villages while in Kimito (including Falla). The Falla farm was the last one and it is unclear from the records in which house in Falla she was housekeeeper. During this period she is mentioned in the church records on the same page as--and every time directly after--a man called Johan Fredrik Järn (he use the surname Johansson until 1921, when he changed it to Järn), born 15.7.1876 in Kimito and died there 10.12.1931. He was called backstugusittare. Björn discussed this with the author of the book and he had heard about the couple and knew where the house had been. Today there is a new building on the same spot, in the forrest about half a mile (Björn's guess) from the shore. The author remembered that Amanda Gustava had been called the "hushållerska" of Mr. Järn/Johansson and that her mother tongue was finnish (though her names sounds swedish). I hope that helps a little bit. Thanks again.
Tracy

Ingemar Ekman
08-02-04, 18:35
Hi Tracy,
Pederså village in Kimito had about 7 crofter's holdings dependent to the farm Falla but I did not find any information of Amanda Gustava Blomqvist or Mr Järn. The book mentioned only a few Blomqvist.
The book “Våra byar II” had many interesting articles and I was special interested to read about “Sjömän som bosatte sig i fjärran länder” and “ Havet ger och havet tar” and about the family Forbus from Scotland that moved to Finland for more than 300 years ago.
Ingemar

Tracy Boeldt
08-02-04, 19:20
Hi Ingemar,
Did any of the Blomqvist names sound familiar? I'm thinking maybe some of Amanda's children probably work for the farm. Otherwise, I guess the book is a deadend for me.
Tracy

Ingemar Ekman
09-02-04, 19:24
Tracy,
The book has photos of Börje Blomqvist born 23 Sep 1924 in Kimito, He died in the war 24 June 1944. Israel Blomqvist born 1861 in Kimito. "He was called "Tata" Blomqvist and was a post man He had 3 children with his wife Karolina Mina Wallenius born 1856. It was also the sailor A. W. Blomqvist lived 1874.

The book has a photo of the children in the Pederså school from 1919 and all 35 children's names are listed except one "un-identified". Have you any other surnames you are looking for in Kimito. The book listing also 25 persons that have been interviewed.

Most of the photos in the book are coming from local archives:
"Garvars arkiv" and "Sagalunds hembygdsmuseums arkiv"
The book has a table of the number persons in the different villages valid 1896:
Pederså, totally 297 persons, 226 Swedish-speaking and 55 Finnish-speaking and 16 both languages
Torsböle totally 139 persons , 113 Swedish and 26 Finnish
Linnarnäs totally 32 persons, 17 Swedish and 15 Finnish
Kvanböle totally 11 and all 11 Finnish-speaking.
The book refers also to another book " Kring Träsköfjärden" ( Around the bay of Träskö) written by Lennart Ginman but I do not find the bay Träskö on a map.
Have you found Amanda Gustava's parents?
Ingemar

Tracy Boeldt
10-02-04, 20:07
Ingemar,
I think the only Blomqvist you listed that would be of possibility is Börje--since it is possible that Amanda Gustava had other children have I am not aware of. The others are early for Amanda or her children. The unidentified photo could be Sigrid Amanda's children: Hjördes Adele b. 10.1.1913 or Väinö Vilhelm b. 16.2.1916.

The list of farms and villages that Amanda Gustava lived in are:
1900--Sjölax
1900--on the farm Klockars in the village Engelsby
1901-1904-- Södergård (or Sjöholm) in Westlax
1904-1905--Prästgård
1905-1908--Östergård in Trotby
1908-1922--Nybondas in Willkärr
1922-1935 Falla in Pederså

No, I have not found Amanda Gustava's parents, because in writing the Pikkiis parish--I was told that she was not born there and so I have hit a deadend in that for the time-being.
Tracy