PDA

View Full Version : Arola Edward, Peter and Rudolph?, Worcester MA and Corona Del Mar CA

Merja
03-04-11, 20:02
Hi,
I am helping someone here in Finland trying to Finland her relatives in the US. This is what is known:

Evald (aka Edward) Arola b. 6nd Feb 1888 in Parkano, Finland emigrated to the US 1905 and settled in Worcester MA. He worked in American Steel& Wire and died 17th Sept 1968 in Worcester. Edward kept on writing to relatives in Finland until his death but after that contact was lost.

Evald/Edward met his wife Hilma J Erickson b. about 1894 in Finland, possibly in Ostrobothnia, in the US and they probably married in Worcester 1912. Hilma died 1930.

I have found them in censuses 1910 to 1930 and also have military records of Edward and SSDI information.

Edward and Hilma had three sons.

Ilmari Edward or Edward I b. 21st May 1913 in Worcester d. 15th Jan 1998 in Corona Del Mar, Orange county CA. He has lived in Camarillo CA 1980. In his military records he is told to have been a musician. He was not married 1942, I have found no marriage records for him later on either.

Jorma R b. 27th Oct 1914 in Worcester. He might be the Rudolph J Arola ho died in Worcester 20th Dec 1971.

Pellervo F (Peter Francis) b. 3rd May 1918 in Worcester. He died in Corona Del Mar CA 15th Apr 1999

The family in Finland thinks that at least one of the brothers had a family of his own and a daughter called Pamela. The brothers did not speak Finnish and contact with family here has been lost.

If anyone knows something about these men, the relatives here will be very very happy!