PDA

View Full Version : von Zedlitz and Roosevelt

June Pelo
06-04-11, 22:42
I have a request for more information about the ancestry of Baron Clemens Frieher Zedlitz und Neukirch, b. 1857, d. 1901, who married 1889 in NYC to Cornelia Roosevelt. Their daughter Baroness Hilda Alexandra was married to Gerhardt Brueck von Koschembahr. Their daughter Gisela Cornelia von Koschembahr was married to Harold Wang, whose children would like to know more about their von Zedlitz ancestry. I believe that Baron Clemens was the son of Baron Benno Zedlitz und Neukirch and Baroness Clementine von Bibran von Schoenberg und Modlau. I have no dates, and assume they were German. I know that Gisela was disowned by her parents in Germany because she married a commoner Harold Wang. The Wang family has a painting that was given by Baron Clemens to his new bride Cornelia Roosevelt who later returned it to the above Gisela who was the original owner. I have the picture on my computer, but it's too large to attach. The family would like to have the ancestry data as far back as the 16th or 17th century...

Karen Norwillo
07-04-11, 17:04
June,
Is this the same family I helped you search for before? I remember there were articles I found about this family and the Roosevelts, but I don't have them anymore.
Karen

June Pelo
07-04-11, 17:34
Karen,

Yes, you did help with this search previously. The family was so happy with that, so now they'd like to know more..especially about the von Zedlitz family. I suppose there is a German forum somewhere that could help?