PDA

View Full Version : Karen Virginia Kivinen Webb 11 Feb 1945 ~ 31 Mar 2011

kivinen1
22-04-11, 23:11
Such a sad death for me.

My sister and I were very close, she was the Alpha and I the Omega.

The obituary is rather "blunt" as it refers to her by her married last name, which I find very rude.

Karen V. Webb, 66, died March 31, 2011, in Vancouver. She was born Feb. 11, 1945, in Vancouver, and was raised in Hockinson.

Webb attended Hockinson schools and graduated from Battle Ground High School in 1963. She lived her entire life in the Battle Ground and Vancouver areas.

Webb enjoyed selling her many collectibles at bazaars and also enjoyed reading and spending time with her family, especially her nieces.

She worked for more than 30 years as a legal secretary and later as assistant to the manager at Ariel Truss, then Final Approval Plat Processor at Clark County.

Webb was preceded in death by her father, Oliver Kivinen, in 1995. She is survived by her husband, Donald A. Webb; sons, Rick Webb, Todd Webb and Aaron Webb; mother, Virginia Kivinen; sister, Daphne Kivinen; brothers, David Kivinen, Daniel Kivinen and Ilmari Kivinen; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Layne’s Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. A service will be held for Webb Thurs., April 7, 11 a.m., at Layne’s Funeral Chapel, 16 NE Clark Ave., Battle Ground.

======================================

And from another newspaper:

KAREN V. WEBB

February 11, 1945 ~ March 31, 2011

Karen V. Webb, 66, died March 31, 2011 at Vancouver, WA. She was born February 11, 1945 at Vancouver, WA to Oliver and Virginia Kivinen.

Karen is survived by her husband of over 46 years, Donald A. Webb; and other family members. [marriage was actually over 47 years]

Special thanks to the staff of SWWAMC, #2 South.

Memorial services are scheduled for Thurs., April 7, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. at Layne's Funeral Home Chapel, Battle Ground, WA.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Friends of the Carpenter and Open House Ministries