PDA

View Full Version : LOUISE R. MATTILA THOGERSON February 24, 1927 ~ June 12, 2011

kivinen1
20-06-11, 00:34
Louise was born in Vancouver, WA on February 24, 1927 to Nels Mattila and Freida Mauke Mattila. She married Glen Thogerson in 1948 and they lived in the Hockinson, WA area enjoying the country life, gardening and feeding the birds that loved to come to their house.

Growing up I remember spending many weekends at the beach with my parents, my brothers and sisters and family friends The Bergren's and the French's. Mom was always smiling.

Louise and Glen had five children, Douglas and Jeff Thogerson, Christine Earhart, Janice Zumwalt and Lisa Robbins. She also enjoyed her grandchildren, great grandchildren and companion in later years, Stan.

There will be a private service.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Ray Hickey Hospice House where Louise spent several months under their excellent care. We thank them so very much.

Straub's Funeral Home & Columbia River Cremation in Camas is in charge of the arrangements. To send condolences or to sign the online guest book please visit www.straubsfuneralhome.com. Please view/sign her guestbook at www.columbian.com/obits

June Pelo
20-06-11, 00:59
Ilmari,

Just an interesting comment concerning the name Zumwalt above.. When I worked at Navy headquarters in D.C., the CNO was Admiral Zumwalt... wondered if Janice could be part of that family...