PDA

View Full Version : Proper procedure for posting a photo

kpaavola
07-09-03, 05:37
Hi Hasse,
I tried to post a photo to this section and I used the "Attach file" option. When I submitted, I didn't see an indicator of the photo anywhere. I deleted the posting since there was no picture.

What's the correct procedure for submitting a photo?

Hasse
07-09-03, 21:52
Originally posted by kpaavola
I tried to post a photo to this section and I used the "Attach file" option. When I submitted, I didn't see an indicator of the photo anywhere. I deleted the posting since there was no picture.

What's the correct procedure for submitting a photo?

I have to go through the attachment stuff a little to find the "right" way. There is an option that if one has a forum that has the attachment posting option = ok one could send attachment to be "active after moderation". This would give us the possibility to check for viruses and obsessive material in attachments.

Give me a sec. I just came home from a weekend trip!

Hasse
07-09-03, 22:47
Kevin - and others...

I thought I had planned for it - and (surprise) I had!

If you have a picture you want to post here for the board just click the "attach file" section's "Browse" button and point to the picture on your hard drive.

But remember that the max picture size is 400k. Remember also that the picture shouldn't be more than some 500-600 pixels wide. If it is wider there will be problems for the board viewers.

Here is an example from today's morning. The picture is taken outside Ekenäs in the southwest of Finland early on today's morning.

The attachment doesn't show directly. After a moderation attached files that don't contain viruses etc will be enabled.

kpaavola
08-09-03, 01:51
Hasse, that is a really neat photo. Is it digital or a scanned 35mm?

I'll try to repost my pic.

Hasse
08-09-03, 06:09
This was taken with a digital camera, Canon 10D with a 35-80 mm lens.

The morning was so fantastic so I believe almost every shot was successful.

granskare
06-12-03, 04:30
I have just posted 2 .jpg images and they have appeared, not as hypertext but as images within the message space itself, just as in anbytarforum so I don't know what to make of that:)
<edit>but i decided to go back to check on them and what do you know but they turned into hypertext:)

Chuck

Hasse
08-12-03, 14:11
Originally posted by granskare
I have just posted 2 .jpg images and they have appeared, not as hypertext but as images within the message space itself, just as in anbytarforum so I don't know what to make of that:)
<edit>but i decided to go back to check on them and what do you know but they turned into hypertext:)

Chuck

Chuck,

If you insert the picture using the "Attach file" option the picture will be transferred to the Finlander server and stored in the database and susequently shown along with the message. To be able to use an hypertext directive type IMG the picture must be on-line and addressable/available. This could be obtained using the IMG -button but because of possible virus risks this has been disabled on Finlander.