PDA

View Full Version : Thors from Solf

syrene
21-05-13, 22:36
Hi
My grandfather John [Karlsson] Thors visited a cousin in Michigan sometime in early 1940s. I think. (not in my memory) There was a John Thors living in Bessemer MI who was born in Solf, b. Sept 1861. He married Ulrika Jfs of Vr. I'm wondering if he could be a cousin of mine. I've checked in Talko, Finland's Family History Ass'n, and in my book about Rimal, Solf. Can't make the two families connect.

Does anyone out there have info on that family? I've checked in Talko, Finland's Family History Ass'n, and in my book about Rimal, Solf. Can't make the two families connect.

June Pelo
21-05-13, 23:34
Syrene,

Have you checked with Torbjrn Nikus... he has both of those people in his database on Talko.. and he may have other info. that isn't on Talko.

Shadow600
22-05-13, 00:17
Hi,

Can it be this?

Here from birth book:
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=9715660

...and here from Kommunion book:
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=9690477

Regards
Stefan

syrene
22-05-13, 01:23
It sure looks like it could be! I couldn't find access to the correct years in Finland's Family History Ass'n site. From the age of the children born in the USA, I think Johan and Ulrika Jfs married in the US after they emigrated.

Now all I have to do is track Johan Zachrisson Thors back through ancestors until I can track down through time to Johannes Karlsson Thors who is my maternal gather.

I have one photo of the two of them during the trip, holding up a catch probably of trout, and smiling broadly!

Thanks so much!
mvh
Syrene

Karen Norwillo
22-05-13, 03:48
Syrene,
On FamilySearch.org, there is born Solf, Johannes Zachrisson Thors, father Zacharias Isaksson, mother Maria Wilhelmima. There is also born Solf, Karl Johan Karlsson Thors, father Karl Isaksson , mother Fredrika. Could possibly the tie be that their fathers were brothers?

syrene
22-05-13, 16:28
that's what I'm hoping to find out. Thanks! I'll look into FamilySearch as well.
Syrene

Karen Norwillo
22-05-13, 20:36
According to FamilySearch..Michigan Marriages..John Thors married Ulrika Jof or Joss 25 Aug 1889 in Bessemer, Gogebic, MI. John Thors 26 Sep 1861 died 23 Mar 1939 in Bessemer.

syrene
02-06-13, 04:51
Thanks.
SF