PDA

View Full Version : Pehr Henriksson Sakari

Karen Norwillo
15-07-13, 23:58
I'm looking for proof of the birth of Peter/Per/Pehr Henriksson Sakari in Karungi about 1843. I found a mention on a Houghton County Genealogy site that he was born 1843 in Karl Gustaf Parish, Karungi village. It also says he emigrated in 1870. He settled in Houghton county MI and was married to Gustafva Andersdotter Paavo. He died in Quincy in 1878, probably in a mining accident. I found mention of a Henrik Sakari and his wife Hedvig Pehrsdotter in Karungi and several births for them, but not Peter. On several years rippi, I found the family, but only to 1839. I no longer have full access to FFHA so I'm not sure I found all the records available. There was an early birth of a Pehr, but wrong year. I did see that this couple lost several children. Is anyone able to help? It would be greatly appreciated by a relative of Peter Sakari in CA who does not do computers.
Karen

June Pelo
16-07-13, 02:26
Karen,

Don't know if this is relevant, but found the following:
In the year of 1745 the Karl Gustav Parish was named Karungi kapellag. In 1783 it was renamed Karl Gustav. The Church books give births beginning in the year of 1793. Nedertorneå - Haparanda became a city in 1848. In 1809-09-05 that area was created as Neder-Torneå from part of Nedertorneå fg in Finland (when Sweden lost Finland to Russia after the war). Kukkola and Kattilasaari are in Norbotten and near Haparanda but Kukkola was once in Karl Gustav or Carl-Gustavs and is also near the Haparanda area and in that same municipality.

Here's an Isaac Henriksson Sakari, Karungi:
http://www.alfhansen.se/se/000/0001/656.htm

And Per Isaacsson Sakari: http://www.alfhansen.se/se/000/0002/474.htm

Also, you could ask Ingemar Ekman in Sweden... he has access to loads of data. Not sure if he is at his summer place in Åland, but I think he does check e-mail.

Karen Norwillo
16-07-13, 04:29
June,
Thanks. That can't be the Per Henriksson Sakari I'm looking for. His father was given as Henrik. I did see that other Sakari when I was searching. The Henrik Sakari I found was born 1794. Some of the births for him and Hedvig give his patronym as Henriksson. Some births say Sakari eller Wähä and others Wiida el Sakari. In the 1830 rippi they were on the Wiida farm. Looks like they moved from farm to farm. Maybe Henrik was a brother to Isaac Henriksson Sakari??
Karen

June Pelo
16-07-13, 04:55
I wondered if they could be related. I'll send you a PM with Ingemar's e-mail address. He's very good about doing some checking.

Karen Norwillo
16-07-13, 16:41
I looked at the rippi for Karl Gustav and found the Olof Sakari family, son Henric 1754, his wife Maria Johansdotter 1766, their sons Isac 1788 and Hendric 1794, so it looks like this could be the correct family. I still can't find a birth for Peter in 1843 in Karungi. I'll try Ingemar. Thanks. Have a good trip to MI.
Karen

Karen Norwillo
18-07-13, 00:16
June,
Taking your hint about the chronology of Karl Gustav parish, I looked at the Norrbotten records for Karl Gustav and found both the birth of Peter Sakari and his wife Gustava Hendrica Paavo. Thanks for the hint.
Karen

June Pelo
20-07-13, 22:50
Karen,

Glad you found something... and greetings from a very hot Michigan... it's hot over the entire state... hotter than Florida!

Karen Norwillo
20-07-13, 23:33
We're in the 5th day of over 90, with heat index over 100. Very humid. Praying for rain.