PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Idaho! Looking for Forsmans...

Toni
11-06-14, 23:50
Hi everyone,

I'm SO happy that I've found this forum! I've been tearing my hair out trying to find info on a particular Forsman family from Nykarleby, Finland. I had thought that researching my Scottish ancestors was tedious and tough and then I tackled the Swede-Finns...wow, just wow. LOL

Here's a brief background on what I'm looking for and why. I'll go ahead and create a much more in depth post in the proper forum a little later on today.

My first husband was a Forsman from Escanaba, MI. His grandfather emigrated from Finland in about 1902, but both he and my husband's father died fairly young and didn't leave a lot of info on their ancestors.

So fast forward about 35 years and my grown sons are now begging me to complete the history of that side of their heritage. I'm happy to do that for them, but gosh, I can't seem to find the missing piece of the puzzle to get me back to Finland.

And that's why I'm thrilled to find this forum. From everything I've read so far, it appears that everyone here is very helpful with leads and research ideas. I'm just hoping to find a couple of hints so I can dig into the right places to find a great grandfather and grandmother for my family tree.

Can't wait to get started and meet some of you,
Toni

June Pelo
12-06-14, 03:28
Toni,

Welcome to Finlander Forum... yes, there are some good searchers here who can be helpful, but they'll need some info. such as names, dates, places, whatever clues you can post about your Forsman husband's grandfather, etc.

Toni
12-06-14, 09:17
Hi June,

Thank you for the warm welcome. =)

I thought it would be best to put all the info I've gathered into a thread on the genealogy section of the forums. There isn't a lot to go on, but hopefully it will be enough to find some clues.