PDA

View Full Version : Kristian Vilhelm Isaksson Knuts

CateG
27-08-14, 11:21
trying to find anything on kristian Vilhelm Isaksson Knuts born jan 30 1878 in Kantlax, Munsala, Finland. Emigrated 1898 to North Wausau, Wisconsin.. Woodsman/logger. Went to see Mr J Jacobson. Possibly died in 1936 since no letters after that. His name may have been Christian Isaacson , or Knuts or Wilhelm Isaacson or Knuts..any version..

CateG
04-09-14, 13:48
He may have died already in 1925, since no letters after that..not 1936 as I wrote before. Also looking for an obit of his brother: Isak Isaksson Knuts (Isac Isaacson) jan 27 1881/82 - sept 28 1936 in Minnesota..but I think they both may have went to the Seattle area since everyone else went there too..at least my ancestors :)

Karen Norwillo
05-09-14, 20:39
Cate,
There is no 1936 death record for an Isak (Isaac) Isakson (Isaacson) or Knuts in Minnesota. I checked the MN Death Records.org site. Are you sure it was in MN?
Karen

CateG
08-09-14, 15:31
Hi Karen!

At this point I guess it could be Washington..Seattle area..because his brother went there. I got info about the brother too, but it was wrong..going to have to check it again..found living relatives..but not related to me.. :/

/Cate

CateG
08-09-14, 15:37
The brother was Anders (Andrew) Isaksson Knuts Wicklund
june 15 1880 - dec 11 1928 To avoid army 1898 to Duluth Minnesota, till miss Anna Nyman??
later Clallam, Wash. Hotel clerk and tobacco store clerk
Visited Vancouver, back to Seattle 1913.

Got one that was married to Emma Birgitta Wilhelmina Larsen from Norway, and they had a son Frank Carl Wicklund, but that´s wrong I guess..and he somewhere went under the name August. Andrew wouldn´t have changed his name to that, unless he would have travelled with his brother´s passport.. but I guess there HAS to be something on him. Found him on Ellis, saying that he was travelling to see Miss Anna Nyman. Need more proof..Would there be a marriage certificate of Anna Nyman, she was from Kantlax Finland I guess.. I don´t think she was a relative to Andrew.

CateG
08-09-14, 15:49
AND there is a chance thay may have changed their family name to Bjrkvall..????? Other sibling who stayed in Finland did (Björkvall). On facebook there is a Matt Bjorkvall, living in Singapore, and he is looking so much the same as other members of the family in Finland!!?

Karen Norwillo
08-09-14, 17:08
Cate,
I checked both the WA and OR Death Indexes and the Death Certificates of Finns in King County, WA with no luck. Seattle is in Kings county. I'll check out that Anna Nyman and see what I find.
Karen

Karen Norwillo
08-09-14, 17:32
On Deaths of Finns in King County, Washington re: Andrew Wicklund.
Andrew Wicklund, age about 35, born in Finland, died Dec 11, 1928 City Hospital in Seattle, WA. Cause of death, Epilepsy. Laborer. Father: Isaac Wicklund (Finland), Mother: Carrie (Finland). Body to University of Washington for anatomical purposes, Dec 13, 1928. It would appear he was unmarried.

Karen Norwillo
09-09-14, 17:33
Cate,
Using Wicklund as a clue, I found an Isaac Wicklund 27 Jan 1882, alien, contact Chris Wicklund in Tacoma, WA single, logger, Wilberton, King, WA on WWI Draft Registration cards. On Deaths of Finns in Pierce county, WA (Tacoma): Ike Wicklund, born Jan 27, 1882 in Finland, died Sept 17, 1936 in Tacoma General Hospital. Cause of death: sudden severe pulmonary hemorrhage; syphilis. Single, logger. Father: Ike Wicklund, Mother: Mary Anderson (Finland, both) Cremation Oct 2, 1936 Mtn View Crematory, Tacoma.

Karen Norwillo
09-09-14, 18:01
Cate,
I don't know if this is the Kristian Wilhelm you seek but from WWI Draft Registration Cards: Chris Wicks 40 Jan 30, 1878 Finland, naturalized, logger, nearest relative, Isak Kristiansson, Kantlax, Finland. He lived at the Cornell, Tacoma, WA. This could be a rooming house or hotel? He may have shortened Wicklund to Wicks???

Karen Norwillo
09-09-14, 18:08
Here's his WWI and WWII Draft cards. From the WA Death Index, Chris Wicks died 8 Aug 1944 age 67 in Pierce county, WA. In 1940, he lived in Puyallup, Pierce, WA. He was single, woodcutter. In 1935 he lived in Tacoma.

Karen Norwillo
09-09-14, 19:44
On Hiski Munsala: married 25.5.1877 Isak Kristiansson Knuts and Kajsa Andersdotter Mariedal. Are these the correct parents? It would seem to fit with the information.

CateG
12-09-14, 16:03
Hi! I guess they could be his parents, I don´t have their marriage date but the parents should have lived: Isak: aug 17 1845-febr 19 1919 and Kajsa (Katrina) sept 10 1853-dec 2 1947. So he would have been in both ww1 and ww2..gosh!!
And I also think that "chris wicks" is right since Isaac Wicklund had him as a conact. So no one of them was married.. =( Can you find anything about their third brother Anders (Andrew) isaksson Knuts Wicklund? I got some info that he would have had a son, Frank Carl Wicklund..but that is some wrong info..I have contact with Frank´s children and they say frank´s father was August..I´ll continue to look this weekend! =) Thank you!

CateG
12-09-14, 22:49
This is correct!

CateG
12-09-14, 22:53
Where did you find this`would be very happy to see the originals..maybe I could get even more clues from them. I think Cornell is a part of Tacoma?

Karen Norwillo
13-09-14, 18:45
Cate,
Just because men registered for the draft as they were obliged to by law, doesn't mean they ever served in the military.
To what records are you referring when you ask to see the originals?
Karen

CateG
16-09-14, 08:26
Like census pages or something..once I found more related people on the same list, about the Newmans..Anna Olivia Newman had married and was Olevia Danielson, and I didn´t know that..but started looking for her when I saw that she lived in the same place =) So I was thinking I could figure something out about the other siblings in the Knuts-line.. (sorry..bad english today.. ;) )

Karen Norwillo
16-09-14, 17:07
The only one I could find in census pages that I'm certain is correct is Chris Wicks. Also WWI Draft registration for Isaac. You mentioned Minnesota before and I found several possibilities on earlier censuses there.

CateG
18-09-14, 12:49
Thank you! =)

CateG
18-09-14, 14:15
Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002▼
Birth, Marriage & Death

Looking for their sister too..Katarina Johanna Wicklund (may be called Hannah), born in Kantlax Finland, about 1887/1889. Going to cousin ´Hanna Johnson in chicago.. maybe she started using Wicklund too.. I think she immigrated oct 26 1912. Parents were: Isak Kristiansson Knuts Björkvall and Kajsa Greta (Katrina) Andersdotter Smeds.
Found this on ancestry but don´t have access:

Name:
Katarina Johanna Wicklund

Death:
dd mm 1926 - Roseau

Karen Norwillo
18-09-14, 22:21
Katarina Johanna Wicklund died 12 May 1926 in Roseau county, MN. She arrived 26 Oct 1912 as Katarina Knuts going to cousin Hanna Johnson in Chicago. There was another Hannah Wicklund on the west coast in WA, but her father is given as Matt Wicklund. She was also from Munsala.

CateG
19-09-14, 08:18
Yes, this should be her. Wonder if she travelled alone or with someone.. And I haven´t figured out who the cousin Hanna Johnson in Chicago could be..Have to see Chicago census to find out marriage etc.

CateG
19-09-14, 09:13
tried to find her on "find a grave"..but didn´t..

Karen Norwillo
19-09-14, 20:37
No, I didn't find her there either. Looking at Hiski for siblings of Isak Knuts, there were none named Johan to 1849, but Munsala births don't go later than that. It is possible Hanna Johnson was a cousin through Kajsa Andersdotter Mariedal or it was her married name. Here's the second page of that 1912 arrival of Katarina Knuts. I did find one Hannah Johnson in Chicago in 1910. She was single, 22, Finland, US 1905, servant. There were lots of Hannah Johnson in Chicago, so difficult to find correct one.

Karen Norwillo
19-09-14, 20:54
Cate,
I ordered a copy of that death record of Katarina Johanna Wicklund from the MN Historical Society. It should come within 2 weeks. If it is indeed her, I will either mail it to you or scan it and send it via email.
Karen

CateG
20-09-14, 20:30
thank you soooo much..again! =) You are a wonderful person who help other people this much!! =)

Karen Norwillo
29-09-14, 19:37
Cate,
The death certificate for Katarina Johanna Wicklund came today. Unfortunately it is not the Katarina you are searching for.
This Karaina was born in Sweden, father Nels Staff, husband Nels A Wicklund. Wicklund was her married name. So you now know that isn't your Katarina's death.
Karen

CateG
30-09-14, 09:37
oh..what a shame..but have to go on searching..I have found so many paople from another branch but this branch seems to be so difficult.. =/ I thought I found grandchildren to one of her siblings too..but that was also wrong..Have a great day! =)
Cate

CateG
05-08-17, 00:14
Unbelieveable! Now I found Chris Wicks and he seems to have died in nov 1964 in Puyallup! Address in 1940 was E80th Puyallup C. And no one knew... 😢 I will try to see if he had family..and where he is buried.

Karen Norwillo
05-08-17, 04:11
Cate,
The Chris Wicks who died in 1964 was born 10 Oct 1892. He is buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery Bremerton, Kitsap, WA. I don't believe he is your Chris. I still think the Chris Wicks who died 8 Aug 1944 was correct. Age would be correct.
Karen