PDA

View Full Version : Simon Hermansson Forslund

Karen Norwillo
08-09-03, 21:28
I am looking for the date of death of my great-grandfather, Simon Hermansson Forss or Forslund. Born 24 August 1851 in Rekipeldo, Vr, he and his wife and daughter Maria (my maternal grandmother) moved to Komossa, Oravais in 1876. There they had two more children,Greta and Johan, the last in 1890. I was told he died very young, probably in his 40's, but have no date. My great-grandmother, Beata Mattsdotter Peth died in Keskis, Oravais 3 November 1929. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Karen

A-M Lfdahl
04-11-03, 20:36
Hi,
I spoke to Ruth Hannuksela in Vr on the phone today. I believe she has the dates for you.
I will mail her you question and well see if she joins the Finlander or answer trough me!
Ann-Marie

Karen Norwillo
23-11-03, 18:49
Ann-Marie, I received an email from my cousin in Jakobstad regarding R. Hannuksela. Apparently she contacted my cousin and passed on her email address so I can contact her directly. I have a lead about the place of death, possibly Storkyra-Isokyro. I will try those records. Thank you, Karen

A-M Lfdahl
23-11-03, 20:57
OK!
Ann-Marie

Karen Norwillo
11-12-03, 21:51
Just wanted you to know Ruth found my great-grandfather's date of death in Isokyra on 30 Apr 1882.. She also tells me that some of his relatives changed their name from the Swedish Fors to the Finnish Koski. Thank you for the help.