PDA

View Full Version : Långfil

Elodie Englund
07-07-15, 01:10
Does anyone in the US or Canada have a bit of Långfil or even Villi if I can't find the Långfil? I'm in the very NE corner of Oregon near Idaho and Washington state. I lost my start after a fire some years ago and haven't been able to find any since then. It's the long ropey yummy stuff, lol. I really miss it. I'd gladly send you the postage and a bit for you trouble. It ships well in a small zip lock inside a couple of plastic grocery bags in the smallest box you can get prepaid from a US post office. I've gotten other starts/cultures that way and they do pretty well if it's not too far away. The one I sent in the padded envelope though, didn't do too well.

June Pelo
07-07-15, 03:35
Someone said you can get it at the Finn Store in Astoria.

Another person said he gets it here: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/ustorelocator/location/map

Elodie Englund
07-07-15, 05:17
Thank you June. They didn't have Långfil and the culture they had for Viili on that web site is not the one I wanted. It was the creamy type and I'm looking for the ropey type.

I will call the Finn store in Astoria. My last culture came from a Finn friend in Astoria who has since passed away. I'm not sure if the Finn store will ship it and I live 325 miles from there on the opposite side of Oregon.

I'll let you know what I find out!

June Pelo
07-07-15, 16:42
Are you on Facebook? Several people there can give you more information about where they get it.
They're on the American Finnish People group page.

Elodie Englund
07-07-15, 23:16
Are you on Facebook? Several people there can give you more information about where they get it.
They're on the American Finnish People group page.

I found a place in Lakewood Washington, called GEM cultures, who will ship it to me. http://www.gemcultures.com/index.htm It's the ropy type of Viili. They are Finns whose family brought the culture from Finland over 100 years ago!

June Pelo
08-07-15, 01:24
I'm glad you found a place. Enjoy!