SFHS Topmenu: Finlander | SFHS | Repository | Talko | DEE |

Sons of Vasa, Nr. 7, Gladstone, MI

From SFHS

Jump to: navigation, search

It was established on 14 May 1899 with 29 members. In 1904 there were 47. “Primarily youth” according to Udell. The same year a women’s sewing society was formed whose purpose was – as well as in so many other places – through work and auctions to earn the means for a community hall. A male choir named “Eko” was active 1906-07, but lost their leader when he left Gladstone. Among those who were effective in the society at that time were Gust Carlson, Isaac Jackson, Chas. Anderson, C. Holm, and August Grönlund. [1]

  1. Stenius, p. 40.



Svensk-finska nykterhetsförbundet av Amerika

Personal tools
blog comments powered by Disqus