PDA

View Full Version : Family Tree Maker for MAC

MarcyJohnson
04-12-10, 06:07
Family Tree Maker came out with a version for MAC's in April 2010. I have all my files on a pc and need to convert to the MAC version, has anyone done this yet?? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks, Marcy

Hasse
04-12-10, 12:37
Family Tree Maker came out with a version for MAC's in April 2010. I have all my files on a pc and need to convert to the MAC version, has anyone done this yet?? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks, Marcy

Shouldn't be that difficult.

Export your material in the old database (PC FTM) as gedcom, select one of the versions - for example "unicode", "ANSI" or "WINDOWS". Open your new Mac FTM and do an import gedcom. I'm fairly confident that the FTM on Mac recognizes the version directly since they have exported the gedcom "themselves". Otherwise choose the type in the import dialogue.

Another possibility is as Ancestry writes:

Transfer files to and from the Windows version.
You can bring files into Family Tree Maker 2010 for Mac directly from Family Tree Maker version 4 through Family Tree Maker 2006. To import files from Family Tree Maker 2008 or a newer version, simply use the Windows-based conversion tool included on the Family Tree Maker for Mac disk.

Hasse

MarcyJohnson
04-12-10, 23:38
Thanks Hasse, the girl at the Apple Store said something like that but she was talking so fast I couldn't catch it all.
Much appreciated,
Marcy